- Hades (Gods and Heroes in the Ancient World), under contract with Routledge
- Underworld Gods in Ancient Greek Religion: Death and Reciprocity, under contract with Routledge
Articles and Book Chapters
- Mackin, E. (2017) 'Girls Playing Persephone (in Marriage and Death)'. Mnemosyne, Advanced online: 1-20.
- Mackin, E. (2015) ‘Dialogo con… Ellie Mackin: Fenoglio, S. “Lingua umana, lingua divinia: διώνυμα omerici"’. Ricerche a confronto: Dialoghi di antichità classiche e del vicino oriente (Montorso Vincentino: Edizioni Saecula), 37-41.
- Mackin, E. (2013) 'Doom and Sorrow: Achilleus’ Physical Expression of Mourning in the Iliad’, Rosetta 13: 111-121.
Work Currently Undergoing Peer Review
- ‘Weaving for Athena: The Arrhephoroi, Panathenaia, and Mundane Acts as Religious Devotion’, journal article (8,019 words)
- 'The Little Girls Who Live with Athena: Haptic Belief in Ancient Athens’, journal article (6,186 words)
- Mackin, E. (2015) Embracing the Immigrant: The Participation of Metics in Athenian Polis Religion (5th-4th century BC) by Sara M. Wijma, Bryn Mawn Classical Review.
- Mackin, E. (2012) Death in the Greek World: From Homer to the Classical Age by M.S. Mirto, Bryn Mawr Classical Review.